At long last, the day has finally come. I have finally turned my childhood dream of having a blog into reality. Hello everyone! My name is Sammira and welcome to blissfulreveries! I’m an 18 year old Mississippi girl who loves her books, art, music, sweet tea, Netflix, and Yorkies (no, I don’t own any but I am determined to have one of my own someday)! You may be wondering, why after all of this time did you finally decide to make a blog?? Well my good friend, prepare for story time.
Once upon a time when I was little, I absolutely loved, LOVED, to read books (and I still do😁). You could always find me with my head buried deep in a book and wouldn’t get up until I had finished. I thought about making a blog as a way to not only keep track of the books I had read, but also write reviews and share my opinions with other fellow bookworms out there! Unfortunately for little me, there weren’t many resources that I could use at the time to pursue that dream *sigh*. Fast-forward several years, now as a 1st year biomedical engineer at Mississippi State University, I decided to just put my big girl pants on and get one started! As a college freshman, I don’t get as much time to read as I would like, so I realized that having a blog strictly dedicated to books didn’t seem very practical for me. But I remember looking at other people’s blogs who were in college and noticed that they still were able to talk about books in addition to their life in general. So I thought, hey! Why not try that out? So that’s how I decided to blog about different things that I love, whether it be books, beauty/clothes, life, things that inspire me, or travel.
So now that I’ve told you the backstory, you’re probably thinking about how I came up with my blog’s name. Well, that did take some really serious thinking haha. First off, I’m terrible at thinking of names. If I think of something one minute, I’ll hate it the next. Second, I’m super indecisive when it comes to those types of decisions😂. A whole day had passed and I finally had an AH-HA moment with the name *drum roll* blissfulreveries! Blissful came from the fact that:
- I’m a really happy person. Well most of the time. I guess you could consider me more of an extroverted-introvert. I’m a really happy-go-lucky person (no seriously, just ask one of my friends😂), but lord knows I love me some me time all snuggled up in a cozy blanket watching me some good Netflix (TVD and The Originals: please hurry back to meeee). But in general I’m a very bubbly and charismatic person.
- I really wanted to portray a very happy and positive environment for my blog.
And I came up with reverie because:
- My blog is pretty much going to be a compilation of my thoughts of different things that I enjoy.
- It sounds really neat and interesting.
- Thoughts was already taken😂
So yeah! That’s how I came up with my blog name! I hope you enjoyed!